IT'S G STYLE

IT'S G STYLE
A Better Way to Dance

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tips for you

Yes, I’m back from my New York trip, and I must say. I can’t wait to return. I had a pretty good time there, of course I wasn’t driving though:talk about crazy. Anyway, while I was there, I learned some new things, and it’s time to share. So I’ll see you at 6pm, and if not have a great weekend. Oh and if you can, you should practice a little.

First thanks to everyone that came out last night, I know we covered a lot. Don’t forget to add those moves into your rotation, and soon you’ll have a strong combo list. I also want to send a big CONGRATS to Mr. James and his better half on their beautiful new baby girl, which just happens to have the best name ever: Jasmine. Of course I don’t know how they’re spelling it, but that’s how my daughter’s name is spelled. See best name ever. I also want to welcome new stepper Richard from Chicago. And thanks for helping me with those new steppers Ms. Woody.

OK as everyone knows, I feel you should know and or have your basics DOWN-PACKED before venturing out and trying footwork. Now with that being said, ladies remember to practice those what 5 that we went over last night. Actually more if you count those variations that we did. So let’s start here, you have “The Rock” (which can be done on 6 78, or just on 78) then you have the “Shuffle” with a 78 cross cross walk up, and the “Shuffle” again with a “Rock” at the end of it. We practiced the “Sherri” which is a 6 78 step, and the “James Brown” with a left OR right turn, and lastly the :Allyiah” (Rock the boat) and don’t forget to get those 2 poses in. Hey maybe we can all get some practice with again tonight.

No comments: