IT'S G STYLE

IT'S G STYLE
A Better Way to Dance

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

NATIONAL STEP DAY

Good Morning Steppers,

Well another year has come and gone, and I had a good time at the National Step Day event. Although I was attending several events that evening, I managed to attend them all. I got a chance to dance with people, and got a chance to see some improvements within their dance too. Something I did notice is that, memory recall wasn’t the best with everyone. Because this dance is repetitious, I’ll work on getting folks to have that recall. So break out those “Move Lists”, and get ready to be DRILLED on those moves. Also, we’ll welcome newcomers John, Tashia, and Naomi this Thursday. I want to congratulate Ms Monique Sanders for her accomplishment in winning the beginners Step contest at the National Step Event this weekend. CONGRADULATIONS GOOD JOB!

Yesterday I was asked is there a wrong way to step? And the answer is Yes AND No. So let me explain, there ARE so many different styles of the dance, INCLUDING the different methodology it entails. There’s the OLD school style, then there’s the 4 count, and now the latest 6 or 8 count if you will. Now, if you know the difference and can adjust to how the woman is dancing then great, but if you don’t, then a hot mess is stirring on the dance floor. J OK, so as long as you’re having fun with your partner, and you both are doing the same style (method or version) of the dance, then more power to you, and enjoy. However, if the woman is doing one version, and the guy is doing something else, then yep you’re doing it wrong, and it’s going to look that way. Just ask, or watch----- Shoot uh hmm I mean to say………. LOL OK seriously, I’ll make it real easy for you, each method or version of the dance regardless of how new or old, has rules, and in order to have a good dance the men NEED to understand just what those rules are. For example you can’t use the rules of football, while playing basketball. It just doesn’t work. So men need to follow those set rules that apply to the particular style that the women is doing, and NOT follow his OWN rules currently being made up as he goes. You might as well be just regular dancing, trust me it will look better. J

No comments: